October 21, 2021
The well-being of team members, guests and community is of the utmost importance to us, to keep our community safe during this serous 4th wave. Seven Chiefs Sportsplex & Chief Jim Starlight Center will be fully participating in the Governments Restriction Exemption Program that was approved by Tsuut’ina Nation Government.
The well-being of team members, guests and community is of the utmost importance to us. This is why we are implementing Seven Chiefs new health and safety protocols. These safety protocols will incorporate enhanced sanitization and social distancing practices.
Face covering (mask) is required in all common areas such as lobby, hallways and dressing rooms
- Participants must be masked at all times, except during the training
- Social Distancing
- No access to the facility for Ice Arena until 30 minutes prior to ice time).
- No access to the facility for Fieldhouse until 10 minutes prior to booking time
Mandatory Restriction – Effective October 26, 2021
Effective October 26, 2021, proof of double vaccination (or single Janssen dose) with the final dose administered at least 14 days prior to entry is required for all Customers 18 years and older to access Seven Chiefs Sportsplex & Chief Jim Starlight.
- Children 0-11 years of age will not be required to show proof of vaccination, or a negative COVID-19 test but have to screen for symptoms
- Youth age 12 to 17 years of age are required to show proof of Vaccination, negative test, medical exemption plus valid personal identification to enter the building. This could be a birth certificate, health care card, student id card or other government-issued identification
Tests must be:
- Provided as an original or printed copy (photos are not sufficient)
- A Health Canada approved rapid antigen, rapid PCR or lab-based PCR test
- Completed within the past 72 hours
- Test results must show the type of test, time of sample collection, clear indication of a negative result, and laboratory that completed the
- Tests must not be from Alberta Health Services or Alberta Precision
- Children turning 12 years old this year or after October 25 who are participating in recreation and performance activity to be vaccinated. Once your child has turned 12 and received their first vaccine dose or proof of negative test result from the past 72 hours or medical exemption letter. Seven Chiefs Sportsplex & Chief Jim Starlight Center encourages all groups participating in recreation and performance activity to be vaccinated as soon as possible to avoid any interruption to their recreation
- Adults 18 years and older are required to show proof of double vaccination (or single Janssen dose) with the final dose administered at least 14 days prior to entry is required for all Customers 18 years and older to access Seven Chiefs Sportsplex & Chief Jim Starlight (No COVID-19 PCR or rapid tests will be accepted for 18 years and older.)
Your proof of vaccination must display the name, type of vaccine, date of birth and the date it was received.
This can be a paper COVID-19 vaccination record or shown on an electronic device from:
- Valid Alberta Vaccine Record
- A First Nation
- Your pharmacy
- Your physician
- Another province or territory
- Canadian Armed Force
**You can print your own card online or get one printed for free at any Registry Agent**
Medical exemption from vaccine letter
You must show an original, signed letter from a physician or nurse practitioner that includes:
- Your name that matches your identification (only required for adults 18 and over)
- Physician’s or nurse practitioner’s complete information, including their name, phone number, contact information, professional registration number and signature
- A statement that there is a medical reason for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- The duration that the exemption is valid
Transition to vaccine record with QR codes for Albertans
As of November 15, Alberta vaccine records with QR codes will be the only valid Alberta proof of vaccination accepted by operators participating in the Restrictions Exemption Program.
Businesses will use the official AB COVID Records Verifier app to scan your QR code. When scanned, it will only display your name, birth date and vaccination status. It is not connected to any other personal information.
Seven Chiefs Sportsplex & Chief Jim Starlight Centre Building Layout